Thursday, October 20, 2011

Love Year No.3

Yup, it was 3 years this past Tuesday--October 18th that Eric and I were married. I can't believe it! Time has flown by so quickly. Here are some pics in remembrance of that beautiful day:









We chose to celebrate by spending the weekend at my aunt and uncle's condo in the Ozarks. It was the perfect long weekend getaway--the weather was gorgeous, and we enjoyed time resting, eating yummy food, playing games, shopping at the awesome outlet mall, going to see "Footloose" (awesome!), golfing (well, Eric golfed, and I enjoyed the view and taking pictures), and just overall enjoying the wonderful time spent with each other with zero distractions. It was awesome.

I can't believe it, but I didn't take very many pictures! That's so unlike me...but what I did take, I will share :)

First, I have to say that Eric started the trip off by stopped at Anglo to get my rings cleaned---it had been too long and they were in much need of it. To our surprise, we realized there was a Great Harvest Bread Co. right next door--when did this happen?!!? Apparently about a year ago! Hmm...didn't know! Anyway, we enjoyed tasting some samples and then purchasing some yummy bread to take on our trip with us, as well as lunch! Everything was absolutely delicious. Here is the menu--lots of fun options: we purchased Popeye Parmesan because it was one of the samples and we loved it. Sooo good you guys---you have to go there and try it out sometime if you haven't already! We will be stopping there more frequently from now on :)

I do have to brag on my hubby--he did a very cute surprise for me the day we went shopping. We were pretty pooped after spending the majority of the day at the outlet mall, but there were some cute shops on the way back to the condo that I wanted to check out--yes, one of them was an antique shop--full of all the junk I love :) I spotted a really cute, teal wooden box--too small for a trunk, but I don't think it was a tool box either. Anyway, we walked out with nothing and went to a different store. Eric said he had to go to the bathroom and left me to browse the store....nothing unusual, right? Well, when we got back to the condo and we opened the trunk to get our bags out from the day of shopping, the cute teal box was right in there too! It took me a second to notice it, but when I did I was sooo happy. He got lots of kisses :)

This isn't a very good picture of it, but I will take more to show you later when it's actually in it's correct spot instead of the living room chair :) You can still see it's beauty though!!

Ahhh, I'm in LOVE

Here are some pics of our day golfin'



It was so gorgeous out that day!






 While Eric was concentrating, I was too...just not on a ball. (Prepare for fun fall colors!)









 
And then I had fun incorporating the fact that we were celebrating our anniversary and that it's in the fall:






I can't pick my fav! I know, Eric's ring is so loved that it's getting very "used" lol....we're not sure why it's done that, but there's nothing we can do, so I guess we'll see what it looks like in 50 years lol!

 Happy anniversary, Eric! I am so thankful for these last three years spent with you---love you and looking forward to many more!!

Love,
Hannah

3 comments:

  1. your trip sounded so fun and relaxing, han! yay for getting to spend a long weekend away, celebrating year number three!

    first, i LOVE your fall leaf pictures. you should really blow those up and do something cool with them. how neat would those look wrapped around a giant canvas?!? so cool.

    second, brandon's ring does the same thing as eric's. but i actually think it looks really cool and oh....rustic?:) like our marriage is well worn or something. :) i'm with you...what will 50 years bring?

    thanks for posting about your weekend. you guys have always been so great about making time for each other to celebrate your day and i think that is super sweet. love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun pics Hannah! I'm glad you two got to have a RELAXING weekend, always much needed! Cute little box too :) good job choosing and props to Eric for the surprise!

    Looking back at those wedding pics...I can't believe it's been that long ago but can you believe how nice it really was? The sky was soo blue and clear! I'm happy I got to be a part of your day. Love you both!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Belated congratulations on anniversary #3! All day I knew that 10/18 seemed like a day I should remember but I kept trying to make it someone's birthday! What I remember most about your wedding (reception) is all the candy and Dane dancing. :) So glad you were able to get away for a weekend. We spent our honeymoon in the Ozarks when it was just golf and lake and not much else (a LOOOONG time ago!) Congratulations to you both on 3 happy years . . . and many more to come.

    ReplyDelete