Monday, November 21, 2011

Oh MYlasses!

Have you ever seen so.many.cookies??


And that's not all! Along with the Peanut Butter Blossoms, we had:

Puppy Chow...

Andes Mint Cookies...(hard to tell here but they are GREEN!)...

Molasses Cookies....

6 Layer Bars...

AS WELL as, Pumpkin Bread, Sugar Cookie dough, and Oreo Balls!!

Why in the world would there ever be a reason to make so much dessert, one would ask??
Well, four girls that want to be ready for the holidays! Thanks to our organized friend, Rachel, we were able to join forces to whip out all of these scrumptious things in 5 hours! (Of course it helped to have the baking party at Rachel's mom house who has a TON of counter space and TWO ovens! As well as two of the girls having KitchenAids.)

Here are some "in the process" shots:

Ready and waiting for baking!
 Miss Maggie hard at work.

That's right. We devoted a whole Sunday to bake. And we honestly were really good at not eating everything! :)

The whole idea behind it all was so that we could be prepared for parties during the holidays. How nice it is to know that I have BAGS of frozen cookies waiting to be devoured when needed.

I have to share at least one recipe with you (ask if you would like more). I feel like most of the items we prepared are pretty common, but there is one that is to die for. My sister warned me that they are addicting and that it's difficult to stop eating (hence, why that is ONE cookie I have NONE left due to my hubby...his solution?? Just make more!) :)

Molasses Cookies:
3 sticks of Fleishman's (softened)
2 cups white sugar 
*Cream two ingredients above
 
1 tsp vanilla 
2 eggs 
1/2 cup mild molasses
*Add to above mixture

4 1/3 cup flour
1 1/2 T soda
1 tsp each of cloves and ginger 
2 tsp cinnamon
pinch of salt
*Mix and add to above

Roll into walnut sized balls
Roll in sugar
Bake 8-9 min @ 350
*Don't refrigerate before shaping
 
I know, I know...Molasses cookies? They don't sound that great. But trust me. They are sooo soft and delicious. 

And there's one thing I now know. I need a KitchenAid! :)

Love,
Hannah

1 comment:

  1. Great post, Hannah! Made my mouth water. :) I love it that you girls keep your friendships strong by doing things like this together. Baking is always more fun with someone to talk to while you work. Enjoy those cookies!

    ReplyDelete