Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Weekend Fun

I told you I would have some fun things to share from this weekend, and I do not make promises I can't deliver! :)

Saturday my mom and sister picked me up for our traditional trek to the Ankeny Santa's North Pole Village Craft Show! We do this every year and it's seriously something we all look forward to--heck, I was like a little kid trying to sleep before the first day of school I was so excited!

I think everyone else was a little excited too:

It's a perfect time to find Christmas gifts (both for others AND for yourself--hehe!). It's very common for us to pick out our own Christmas gifts for each other at the show. We always say we will forget what we pick out, which is honestly usually true!

The show is spread out between the Ankeny high school and two middle schools and you take a bus shuttle to get to each. It's an early day, and by the time we're done, we're pooped. Which is a good excuse to go out to lunch together, right?! This year we chose Noddle Zoo and it was scrumptious!

Me with two of my most favorite ladies!!


Here is us with many of our lovely finds:

I am sure you will be seeing a closer look at some of these at Christmastime :) It's hard to tell, but I am holding a cute wooden punkin that my mom got me. She totally spoiled us that day! Bruegger's Bagels to start out the day, fun treasures she bought us throughout the show, and to top it all of--lunch!
Love you, mom! You're the best.

And it wouldn't be a complete post about the craft show without a picture of the other two lovely ladies that always join us:
These two are very special to my mom, as well as myself!

Another fun part of this weekend was the mini shower (a.k.a. "sprinkle") Maggie and I put together for one of our best friends, Rachel. Baby #2 is on the way! Maggie is going to share more on the fun, laid back get-together, but I will give you a sneak peek of what you have to look forward to reading about!




Again, sorry for poor lighting pictures--we were snuggled into a dark (but cozy) booth at The Cheesecake Factory!

Some pictures of the girls:
After setting up and waiting for the guests to arrive.

The woman and the belly we were celebrating :)

"This is the 10th picture we've taken...we look like dorks."

"Oh, but we have to take one more from this angle!"

Stay tuned for more details about the shower!

Are there any fun craft shows you go to every year?? Please share!

Love,
Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment